Spearfishing Tips And Tricks
You want to become a better underwater hunter and you're looking for some tips on spearfishing? We'll be glad to share our best tips and techniques on how to catch that elusive fish deep down there based on many years of our experience.
Here are our favorite spearfishings tips:
- The right tools that is gear in this case: The most wonderful experience that you can ever have is to be underwater and enjoy what the ocean has to offer you.
But, you can only do so if you are not bogged down by unnecessary gear. Thus you must get yourself the best of gears to go spear fishing. Proper gear will enable you to get the most out of spear fishing and it will make it an absolutely enjoyable activity for you.
The right investment in the right kind of gear for you will enable you to progress from one level to another within no time. The skill and ability will increase as exponentially.
- Maintain optimum health: Because spear fishing is a sport that can be quite exacting you do need to be in good shape to enjoy it to the hilt.
Therefore, you must maintain optimum fitness levels by working out and practicing aerobic activities that will build up your stamina. Swimming is the best activity that you can take up.
- Understand the principles of buoyancy: When you are underwater it is not gravity that keeps you moving but buoyancy.
Here's a cool tip on deeper diving: try and use a weight belt around your waist to up this factor. This way you will be conserving crucial energy rather than fight buoyancy in a wet suit.
Therefore, never forget to wear a weight belt and most of your travails will be done.
- Carry a knife along with you underwater: You will be amazed at the amount of times you will have to disentangle yourself or your partner.
It will serve to be a lifesaving spearfishing tip for you. Also, if you have a spear fish that has not been completely killed then the most humane thing is to use the knife.
- Always use a low volume mask: the low volume mask is a great accessory for spear fishing as it will enable you to free dive better. If you are using the right kind of mask it will enable you to stay on longer under water without keeping a lot of stress on your body.
- Follow the spearfishing tips and techniques of using a speargun: There are certain known techniques about how you should use a spear gun.
Remember to use it only underwater and keep in mind how far the shot will travel and what you are aiming at. This will avoid any untoward accidents caused by the spear gun.
Be careful about the recoil of the gun which could result in harm such as broken teeth and noses. Always bear in mind that the spear gun is a weapon and should be treated as one.
- Make certain that you keep the spear gun in great shape: The moment your spear gun is in great shape it will serve you better.
The spear gun needs regular maintenance such as drying it after each use, polishing it, storing it in a cool place away from moisture. Read the instructions that come along with the spear gun so that you can follow them.
- Spear fishing at different sites is bound to be different: However, ace you might be at spear fishing remember that each site that you try it has separate needs that need to be identified. Notice whether it is near a reef, bay, and the depth to keep you safe.